12 Cybersecurity Facts That Will Blow Your Mind!
Thursday, 12 September 2019 17:41
Technology is consistently changing, and cybercriminals are working overtime to get through all these advances and steal your business data. I just had to share these facts because they even blow my mind and I’ve been in the industry for nearly two decades!
- In 2018, 43% of breaches involved small business victims ~2019 Verizon DBIR
- 60% of small and medium sized businesses will go out of business within 6 months of a cyber incident ~ID Agent
- On the Dark Web, remote access to credentials coast as little as $2 ~Bromium Into The Web of Profit, 2019
- In Q1 of 2019, leaked credentials in the financial sector increased 129% ~Insights Banking and Financial Services Threat Landscape Report
- 41% of companies have over 1,000 sensitive files open to everyone ~Global Data Risk Report From The Varonis Data Lab
- The average requested ransom after a small business breach is $4300 ~ID Agent
- The number of small businesses that have experienced a data breach continues to increase year over year. 2016- 50%, 2017- 54%, 2018-58% ~Keeper Security, State of Cybersecurity in SMB’s Report
- 1 in 9 emails received by each user contained malware in 2018 ~Symantec Internet Security Threat Report
- Ransomware is expected to attack a business every 14 seconds by end of 2019 ~Cybersecurity Ventures, 2017
- Government agencies fail to find 37% of all breaches ~Accenture
- In Q1 2019, the average downtime due to a ransomware attack was 7.3 days ~Coveware Q1 Ransomware Marketplace Report
- The Average cost of downtime related to a ransomware attack is $46,800 ~ ID Agent
Does your business function without technology? In this day-in-age your business cannot afford not to have cybersecurity protection and a plan in place in case of a breach. How much downtime can you truly afford?