Skyview Technology Blog
12 Cybersecurity Facts That Will Blow Your Mind!
Technology is consistently changing, and cybercriminals are working overtime to get through all these advances and steal your business data. I just had to share these facts because they even blow my mind and I’ve been in the industry for nearly two decades!
- In 2018, 43% of breaches involved small business victims ~2019 Verizon DBIR
- 60% of small and medium sized businesses will go out of business within 6 months of a cyber incident ~ID Agent
- On the Dark Web, remote access to credentials coast as little as $2 ~Bromium Into The Web of Profit, 2019
- In Q1 of 2019, leaked credentials in the financial sector increased 129% ~Insights Banking and Financial Services Threat Landscape Report
- 41% of companies have over 1,000 sensitive files open to everyone ~Global Data Risk Report From The Varonis Data Lab
- The average requested ransom after a small business breach is $4300 ~ID Agent
- The number of small businesses that have experienced a data breach continues to increase year over year. 2016- 50%, 2017- 54%, 2018-58% ~Keeper Security, State of Cybersecurity in SMB’s Report
- 1 in 9 emails received by each user contained malware in 2018 ~Symantec Internet Security Threat Report
- Ransomware is expected to attack a business every 14 seconds by end of 2019 ~Cybersecurity Ventures, 2017
- Government agencies fail to find 37% of all breaches ~Accenture
- In Q1 2019, the average downtime due to a ransomware attack was 7.3 days ~Coveware Q1 Ransomware Marketplace Report
- The Average cost of downtime related to a ransomware attack is $46,800 ~ ID Agent
Does your business function without technology? In this day-in-age your business cannot afford not to have cybersecurity protection and a plan in place in case of a breach. How much downtime can you truly afford?